BE A VOLUNTEER !
A volunteer is a person that has a spirit of service, creativity, sensitivity for human pain, strong moral values, the ability to work in a team, and a social conscience. They practice solidarity, leadership, good interpersonal relationships, discipline, communication skills, and care for themselves and for others.
Volunteers do work for two reasons:
- For reasons that are ideological, ethical, and moral; that give them a sense of the needs and problems of other. They want to do something that will better community, change situations, and transform the society.
- For personal reasons: To be a role model, to feel useful, to build relationships and work with others, to know and live new experiences, to develop as a person, learn new skills from people with similar interest, share talents and build resume, etc.
We need volunteers in the following capacities:
- Board Members: We are looking to expand our Board of Directors. If you have a passion and skills that could contribute to our mission, please contact us.
- Mentor: Volunteer once a month for a positive role model. Spend one-on-one time with” at risk” child who could benefit from positive attention and exposure to unique experiences. Activities include going to the park, participating in community outings, attending cultural events, or simply hanging out with someone who cares. All of these activities make a tremendous difference in a young person’s life. All volunteers and mentors must submit to a vetting process prior to working with children
- Adopt a family: For the holidays or throughout the year. This activity could involve bringing a holiday meal to a family and/or giving presents for birthdays and holidays.
- Grant Writers : We are looking for expert grant writers who are willing to assist our organization in developing and writing grants for our programs. If you have these skills or know someone who does, please contact us.
- Fundraising: We are looking for individuals or group who are knowledgeable about how and where to source funding for non-profit organizations. We need people who know how to develop and implement fundraising strategies that would provide funds needed by our clients to access and benefit from available services
- Interns: We provide pro bono training and afford clinical opportunity for students who are willing to acquire or sharpen their clinical skills.
For more information about our volunteer programs please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (708)566-1768.